Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
01:00 PM - 03:30 PM
Storrs CampusStudent Union
Please join us at the next CIPWG general meeting, to be held on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. in room 331, UConn Student Union, Storrs campus, Storrs, CT. (Please bring your parking garage ticket to the meeting for validation.)
The agenda will include:
· Scott Williams (The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station) will present a talk on “The Role of Deer in Spreading Invasive Plants and Preventing Native Plant Regeneration”.
· Dianne Saunders (Wallingford Conservation Commissioner) and Sigrun Gadwa (Ecologist, Carya Ecological Services, LLC) will discuss success stories and other reports of invasive plant management projects in the state
· Early Detection and Research List Invasive Species
· Biological Control of Invasive Plants (Mile-a-minute Weed, Purple Loosestrife)
· Invasive Plant Updates
· Native Plant Alternative Updates
· Open Forum – bring your questions and comments to share at the meeting
The meeting is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. Meeting information & directions will also be posted on the CIPWG website (http://cipwg.uconn.edu).